Me, a sucker for EXO, is constantly updated on every single EXO thing available. Solos, Sub-units, appearances, anything. I keep up with my boys (men). Last year, when a brand new EXO sub-unit was announced, my amazing EXO-SC, my excitement took over me. I mean, CHANYEOL AND SEHUN, my bias and my bias wrecker, together, making music, what's not to like? I SIGNED UP FOR THIS. Their first mini album, What a Life, reminded me of summer (when it was released, where I live, it was winter). Fresh, cool, fun. It's a collection of songs made for a good time. 3 MVs were released then ("What a Life", "Just Us 2" and "Closer to You") 3 different vibes, all very different yet excellent. As expected of a duo that radiates cool vibes. Of course, with a mini album with such great songs, one wondered what they would offer next time and if they would go down the same road. The answer was, something better and something bigger.
This year, EXO-SC's first full album was announced. 9 songs, 2 solos, 4 MVs released. Their single "
1 Billion Views" was a collaboration with the amazing MOON. I would dare to say, it's a very funky piece. Something you can dance, whether it is in the commodity of your room, or a dancefloor. It's a catchy song, with a chorus you can't get out of your head. I remember having watched the MV teaser and not being able to stop singing "Views" during the remainder of the day. The Pre-Release was also a collaboration, this time with 10cm, called "Telephone", with a similar feel to their first mini album, bright and cool. Colorful, a song to enjoy during a walk under the sun. Now, let's talk about the album, shall we?
Overall, the album showed a great change from their first. They went for a different sound that suited them very well. 1 Billion Views showed us another side of Chanyeol and Sehun, with their solos depicting their personalities and preferences very well. The album is also filled with collaborations (going from Gaeko, the aforementioned 10cm and MOON, to PENOMECO) that add different flavors to the album. Lyrics also are a key factor here: they include personal stories, love songs, frustrations that are born from love, songs to dance to. Variety is the key word to define this album. The word that defines it best, I believe.
Personally, 1 Billion Views is one of my favorite albums released this year. One I will continue to listen. One that you should listen to, and, why not? Purchase it from SM Global Store. I'm dropping the link to the store below in case you were convinced by my words.
See you next time :)
https://smglobalshop.com/collections/albums/products/pre-order-exo-sc-the-1st-album-1-billion-views
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario